Sunday, November 23, 2014

The Bighorn's of Radium...

While waiting for Thor to arrive in Radium this weekend, I had the pleasure of watching a herd of Bighorn Sheep.. many of which were exercising their masculinity, so to speak. I guess there's a time and a place for all species to do that (masculinity or femininity). This big boy was the winner of all the head butting and herding that was going on while I watched. He casually walked around with his head up higher than everyone else, pushed them and wasn't afraid to call them on. He won every encounter, big or small. He was really awesome, actually. So I snapped a series of photos of him, this one was the best one (it is, of course, copyright to me). Check out his injury.. didn't seem to bother him that much, and it shows how "active" he's been. 


The Village of Radium Hot Springs in BC is an outstanding place to go and observe big horn sheep. They roam around all year long, but in the Fall, they are in the rutt and they are more likely to be seen within the village itself, laying claim to the entire area. It's one of the very special things about the area.

Jules :Oj

6 comments:

The Grunt said...

Great shot, Jules!

Jules said...

Thanks, Grunty! I didn't realize you were still poking around in blogland! :)

The Grunt said...

Oh, I got curious and checked in on my blog and my favorite people. I'm trying to kick start some creativity in me as well, so off to blogland to see what can be done.

Jules said...

Yay! I'm one of your favorite people! I'll get back to reading yours now too then, now that I know you'll be around again.

SIMON said...

He's a handsome brute!!

Jules said...

Could barely take my eyes off him!