Friday, November 07, 2014

Time disappeared...

The month of October disappeared literally in the blink of an eye, with everything going on around here to do with my foster guy and his family. I was extremely grateful to have a nice 2-night mountain getaway in the mix, but I don't really have any blog worthy photos to share from that trip. This weekend, I had planned to go to Radium again, but I have come down with a stupid cold and we're supposed to get a dump of snow on Sunday here that would probably be too dangerous to drive back in. Soooo... stuck here on my weekend off, alone, sick and pms-y. Should be terrific!

I've tried the art medium of watercolor. I suck at it. I thought I might give it a try because I love looking at watercolor art (when it's done well) and I watched tutorials that made it look so easy. Thor keeps giving me helpful tips (with his art degree background, I couldn't ask for a better source of help), but no matter how much I have my mind to it, it just comes out a flop. I'm thinking I'm far better off sticking to the ink sketches I do.

Speaking of that, I've finished the Simpson River Crossing that I started a while back. I maybe just have a couple of touch ups to do, some shadows here and there. My sister had high praise for it, she really loves the bridge. If I ever get around to it, I'll post a photo of it. It took me a long time to complete. I've managed to lose the paper that I kept track of my hours on, but it was something like 20+ hours. Next, I'm going to do a drawing of a photo I took of a bench and pathway at Olive Lake. I tried to make that one a watercolor, but that crashed and burned. I think it will make a really nice ink though.

Not much else to report. I'm going to try and get back into the blogging thing, at least once a week. We shall see.

Jules :Oj

2 comments:

SIMON said...

Looking forward to pics of your ink drawing and good luck with the new one.
The blogging is so much a part of you that you mustn't give it up.... try not focusing on time between posts and you may be crying out to tell us in blogland all what's going on!!

Jules said...

LOL.. I like your word "us".. I'm sure you're my only remaining follower after all these years!