Thursday, December 04, 2014

Shitty...

I used to blog about whatever the heck I wanted to and never censor myself. Recently, I reminisced with a friend about how nice it was to be able to say anything in blogland and not worry about consequences. So in honor of that, here's my post for the day.

This morning, I think I lost a pound, just because of the amount of poop that I got rid of. In this house, poop is, and always has been, a big topic. It's something to celebrate and talk about and monitor. I know, that might sound gross, but for my whole adult life, I've had issues pooping. Finally when I got diagnosed with thyroid cancer, I understood why I've been constipated for years and years. My oncologists told me that thyroid function directly correlates to bowel movement production and elimination. I bet you didn't know that! So, having an issue with my thyroid and not knowing about it all those years meant some serious issues in that area.

Now that I don't have a thyroid at all, I depend heavily on my synthesized thyroid meds. It's a major relief, pun intended, to be able to say that for the most part, they seem to be doing the trick. Before, when I was relying on my real thyroid, it didn't matter how much fiber I ate or how much water I drank, my system just didn't know what to do. Now I still have some issues from time to time, but it's so much better and such a life changer. I mean, nothing really compares to the feeling of emptying your intestinal tract and colon, don't you agree? You feel lighter, less puffy, less sluggish, less bloated... you have a sense of really accomplishing something. Well, if you're me, you do.

So I will continue to high five myself after having a poop. Yes, I will. I will continue to look at myself in my bathroom mirror from my perch on the throne and give myself the recognition that having an awesome bowel movement deserves. Way to go, Jules... Way. To. Go.

So who really gives a shit? I do.
And you should too!

Jules :O)

4 comments:

The Grunt said...

Yeah!!! This is the best thing I've read all day.

My hypothyroid (thanks radiation) was like experiencing a whole new level of "meh". I too am grateful for my Levothyroxin. I am now curious how my poos went pre and post synthroid. I guess I wasn't paying attention, lol! But, I didn't have a life-long thyroid issue.

Jules said...

LOL! I'm glad you got a kick out of it! I haven't lost my sense of abstract humor, I've just sort of hidden it away. I'm on Synthroid.. I wonder how that stacks up against Levothyroxin, or even what the difference is?

SIMON said...

Yeah, way to go Jules!!

Jules said...

YAAAAYYY!