Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Always remembered...

Even when you know it's coming, it's never easy, losing someone. Tonight the world lost a really cool man. He passed away from complications of pneumonia. I've only known him for 4.5 years, but he definitely brought many smiles to my heart in that time. Every time I had the pleasure of spending time with him, he wore a giant smile, and laughed wholeheartedly. He couldn't hear a thing, depending on his lifetime love to translate for us all, but he loved to talk, and always asked about my life up in Canada. He was lively, even though he couldn't walk well any longer. He had a lot of life in his eyes still, they sparkled, even though his body was becoming uncooperative. I remember when I first met him, he walked down to the water's edge with me and we sat on the swinging bench in front of his cabin together and he talked about sailing. He loved to sail. I think it was one of his life's greatest joys. I was a stranger then, and he was warm to me anyway. He and his wife. Both of them, beautiful people.

I know I will remember Mr. C. fondly, and I know Thor will miss him tremendously. He leaves behind his children, grandchildren and his loving wife of forever. There will be an absence at the lake place now, for certain, but I know that his presence will always remain there in the memories and the stories we will continue to share.

Rest Peacefully.

Jules :OGodBless

1 comment:

don said...

rip mr c