Wednesday, January 07, 2015

Irritated...

I dunno. *sigh*

It seems like I am more easily irritated the last little while, and by little while I mean maybe the past 3 or 4 years of my life. Maybe 6 or 7 years, hard to tell.

I used to have the patience of a saint. In fact, I'm pretty sure they were discussing whether to grant me sainthood or not way up in the Heavens. People looked up to me because of it. But lately, it seems like my fuse is shorter. People seem a little bit more insane than they used to (I was going to use the word "stupid" there but that might be a bit harsh). Children seem a little bit more ill mannered than they used to. I'm irritated at stupid things out of my control like the weather and the inability to stop time. I get irritated more easily when people who have jobs to do can't think for themselves at all and rely on me to direct their day. That would be fine if I was their superior, but I'm not. I find that waiting around for other people to get stuff done is making me a little bit insane myself. Can't they speed things up? People who don't know how to converse in a nice way irritate me. It bothers me that the Weather Network has a "flu report". All that's going to do is make everyone paranoid.

Really, there are too many irritants to name all of them.

I wonder what happened to my ability to just shrug it all off and pay no attention. Was it when I started to pay more attention to the world and its goings on that my irritation level started to rise? Probably. Because there are lots of things in the world that are dumb. And they are the same things that have always been dumb, all throughout history, just with a new age spin on them.

For 2015, I'm going to try and exercise more patience again. That's not a resolution, just an aim for self evolution or self revival.

I dunno. *sigh*

Jules >:O[

2 comments:

SIMON said...

Good luck with the non resolution and a return to the 'saintly patience'.

Jules said...

So far, I'm doing really well!