Thursday, May 28, 2015

It bloomed!

I've lived in this house for something like 7 years now. This lilac was planted within the first year or two, I can't remember. It's a President Lincoln Blue Lilac. I wanted it because of the word "blue" because I love lilac's but wanted something out of the ordinary (which is purple or white).

I kid you not... this is the FIRST year this plant has bloomed more than one cluster of flowers. Last year was the first year it bloomed at all, and it was juse this tiny little 5 flower blossom, if I recall correctly. So this year, it has TWO clusters!! TWO!! AND they look purple before the blossoms open up but then they open and they are blue!!

Stoked beyond belief. I thought about hosting a party to celebrate this, no joke. I pictured my family and friends gathered around the lilac with beer in hand toasting the blossoms, myself standing there giving a tribute speech to the bloom. 


Well, I didn't do that, but I do want the world to see the lilac bloom and I'll honor it this way.

Three cheers for the blue lilac bloom! Woot! Woot! Woot!

Jules :Oyay!

No comments: