Tuesday, May 26, 2015

The Double Flowering Plum...

The first thing to bloom in my back yard this year was the double flowering plum shrub I planted 2 or 3 years ago. It seems like it always takes 3 years for plants to really take off after you put them in the ground. Regretfully, I didn't take a photo of the whole thing in bloom, but as if it read my mind and felt my despair, it offered me one more late bloom. It's such a delicate pink flower, and when it grows up, the shrub will be really beautiful. Here are some snapshots:



I've seen double flowering plums that were sort of pruned almost in a bonsai way. When this one grows up, I'm going to try and train it to me more tree like rather than bush like, but we'll see. If that's not successful, I'll still love it the way it is. I hope that someday when I'm ready to leave this place, the new people look after this yard. I'd really hate to see it overgrown with weeds and not be upkept. 

Jules:Oblooms)

3 comments:

zarina said...

Re "There's probably nobody left out there reading my blog"... not true, what..I am reading your blog :-)

But, seriously, please continue to write. Your blog is really a refreshing read. Admittedly, when I first read your blog, I felt that you seemed to wear your heart on your sleeve and I somewhat worried that you will get hurt easily.

Yet, you have proved again & again, no matter what life throws at you, you just take it and live it, fully, lovingly, funnily, interestingly. Truth be told, I am somewhat envious of your zest, your verve, your open hearted approach to life. But, you are who you are, and the world is a better place with you in it. All the best in your life and love, and please continue to write.

Thanks.

SIMON said...

Love your double flowering snaps!!

Jules said...

Zarina - Well thank you so much for letting me know you're here and that you like my blog! You know, I've been writing since 2006 and I don't think anyone's ever quite given me the feedback you have just now. It means a lot. I will do my best to find time to be more present in here again. I always give my new commentors a free *HUG* for stopping by, so hopefully you come back and collect yours here in the comments.

Si - My camera's macro setting isn't as nice and crisp as it used to be (must be the thousands upon thousands of snaps I take), but these ones turned out ok! Thank you