Tuesday, June 30, 2015

My gall bladder update...

My gall bladder surgery was postponed. It was supposed to be July 2, just 2 days from now. Instead, it will be the middle of July.

The week of the surgery, I was supposed to be vacationing in the States with Thor, enjoying meeting his hunting buddies (finally!!) and partaking in activities which celebrated us being together 5 years. I was massively looking forward to this. Now, instead, Thor will be coming here, and we will get to go do some fun stuff up around Jasper, but still, I'm a bit bummed. It seems like most of our relationship, we've spent our time within Canada, and due to my work's circumstances mostly, I hardly get to go down there. I can count on one hand the number of times I've been to Thor's house. I've been to the cabins more than his house.

Don't get me wrong. Spending any time with Thor anywhere is Heaven for me. I was just really looking forward to the plans we'd made and meeting the people I've been wanting to meet for ages now.

But as it turns out, with my surgery happening during my planned vacation time, both Thanan and my foster guy are already looked after, so maybe it was meant to be. There's always a silver lining, right? And maybe I'll get to keep Thor for a few days extra, if I'm not fully recovered before he is due to leave. That'd sure be wonderful!

I've now, to date, had 21 gall bladder attacks (varying degrees of time and pain). Recently, I did go in to the hospital for one, but they just managed the pain until it subsided (mostly), did bloodwork and determined that I wasn't in an emergent state, so they sent me home. "If you have that amount of pain PLUS a fever or are jaundiced, come back," they said. So I haven't been back. I just suffer in silence at home and hope they don't get to bad. And this, friends, is WITH extreme monitoring of my diet (excluding sat and trans fats and sugars). Man. I don't wish this particular illness on anyone.

So that's my gall bladder update. Everyone says it will be a huge relief when it's just taken out. I'm really looking forward to getting it done. Even if it messed up my holiday plans.

Jules :Oj

2 comments:

Siddhartha Joshi said...

Oh that's sad to know Jules. Is your surgery done now? How are you doing?

Hope you had a great time with Thor nevertheless...

Looking forward to hear more from you here :)

Jules said...

I posted an update, Sidds! I'm surviving yet another medical issue! Woot!