Sunday, September 20, 2015

New Bike!

Thor was instrumental in helping me find a new bike. About 3 years ago, he gave me a vintage Schwinn (vintage... ha! It's from the year I was born), and I've been riding that, but it's a really heavy bike and the gears never really shifted well. It was a 5-speed and I could get 2, maybe 3 gears to work. But I rode it hard and fast, despite. I always wanted to lean forward when riding though, and the handlebars weren't conducive to that, plus, it was difficult to go anywhere of distance on it, when I did get my mind set to go far.

Thor, being the wealth of knowledge that he is when it comes to many things, including bicycles, researched and found a couple of reasonably priced options for me to chose from online. I was going to order a slightly different one, but upon check out, I learned it was out of stock. So this was my second choice, but it's a choice I'm glad I made. It's a "women specific" and I was able to get it an an XS size which seems to fit me really well. The reach is a little bit far, but that's adjustable. He brought it up the last time we got together. It was regular about $900 USD, I got it for $450 USD. He was so pleased to set it up for me, and give it to me and we enjoyed a really nice bike ride together so that I could learn how to ride it (shifting and braking were quite foreign to me).


I think we rode for about an hour, Thor made some adjustments for me as we went, and it's just a real pleasure to have this new bike to ride. It's too bad it's late in the season (could snow any day here!) because I'd love to go on a couple of long rides before the cold weather sets in. 

So, many thanks to my Thor, for helping me find just the right bike to get. I'm really going to love going on longer rides and I'm looking forward to having this bike until it's considered vintage too! 

Jules :Oweeee!

2 comments:

SIMON said...

Wow - super bike - you won't know yourself!!

Jules said...

Thanks! I wish I'd have gotten it earlier in the season. Almost too cold to ride it now! I'm going to get a trainer to hook up to so I can ride it in the basement this winter.