Thursday, January 21, 2016

Northern Lights...

Last night, just before bed, talking on the phone with Thor, I didn't know if I'd locked my garage door. It was really cold, and I dreaded going out to check, but it had to be done. So I throw on my big winter coat and boots and open up the back door and I look up to see a magnificent display of Aurora Borealis (aka Northern Lights). OMG. It was superb!! So I quickly went inside to get my camera (which is something I never do at night and am not very capable at) to take photos. Thor says "just set it to the biggest ISO and set it on something to steady it," so I did and these are the photos I got. They aren't the best, the camera wanted to focus on the houses, but it's enough to mark the event. It was just BRILLIANT. Ribbons of green and pink freely dancing across the sky toward me until it slipped away. It only lasted about 5 or 6 minutes. I'm sure I sounded silly on the phone, squealing and repeating "OMG, it's SOOO beautiful!!" over and over again, but Thor reciprocated my enthusiasm from his end. It would have been really nice to witness that in person together.



Wow, just wow.
Jules 8OD

Photos are copyright to me. 

No comments: