Friday, January 08, 2016

Some tidbits I've learned...

I haven't posted anything in a while. Well, that's obvious. I've been really busy with my new project (not so new anymore), and it seems to be taking up all my time, what with having to do all of the components of it... there's the website, facebook page, twitter, and blog. It's theISMproject.org. Go ahead and check them all out if you have time!

Here are some things I've learned in the last little while:

  1. There are always going to be enough hugs to go around, and it's ok to hug someone you aren't even all that close with, especially if they just suddenly come toward you with outreached arms expecting a big ol' huggy hug. Just go ahead, give in, after your initial thoughts about how weird it is.
  2. A compliment can either be taken as a compliment, or as you making a pass at someone unintentionally. Be weary of how and when and to whom the compliment is given. 
  3. It is SO important to check in with your nipples from time to time and make sure they are both pointed the same direction. Especially if you are going to be doing a tv commercial. Men are lucky that this isn't applicable to them.
  4.  If you want to find something out, normally all you have to do is ask. 
  5. If you want something done, normally all you have to do is either do it yourself, or ask someone else to help. They're usually willing. 
  6. Coconut oil (in liquid form) works wonders as both a makeup remover and a skin moisturizer... it's natural an smells good, and despite what you think, it hasn't clogged up my pores, so it probably won't clog yours either.
  7. I heard it before, and I recently heard it again (on a doctor show) that men who gain weight, lose penis length. Men who lose weight gain penis length. I did look into this fascinating subject. Turns out that the penis stays the same size, but the "fat pouch" around it all eats it up and makes it appear smaller as you gain weight. So men, if you really want to seem impressive, lose 10 or 20 pounds and then walk around with your willy hanging out. Err.. well, maybe not. That'll just get you arrested. 
  8. Sometimes all you need to do is sing a song and it will dramatically change the situation. Try randomly singing to change things, see if it works. 
  9. I am having a desperately difficult time finding a new pair of glasses frames. Such a difficult time, in fact that I've made it my new year's resolution do accomplish this. At least I know my frame size now. That helps. 
  10. Being kind to your neighbors really does matter. Aside from the nice sense of community, you get other benefits like free food over the holiday season. 
  11. When your autistic foster guy is given an animated singing Christmas chipmunk and decides that it's his favorite thing on the planet, you must just resign to the fact that its inane jingle will permanently be lodged in your brain for the rest of your life. There's nothing you can do about this. Go with it. I'll be singing Christmas jingles in July this year. 

So I guess that's good for now.

Jules :O)


No comments: