Friday, February 12, 2016

Telling our story.. exciting!

I'm excited to say that I'll be on CBC's Cross Country Check-Up this Sunday as a guest speaker (Valentine's Day) to talk about how Thor and I met, evolved and the role my blog played in it all. The topic for the program that day is "Dating in the 21st Century," how online dating plays a role in meeting people, or are there other ways of meeting people (something of that effect). I've always said and known that the blogging community is a special place, more meaningful that any other social media out there, and that is an opinion that I'll never stop having. I strongly believe that the relationships made in blogland are much more solid and meaningful than those anywhere else online. A blog is a space for you to express your inner thoughts, however silly or serious they might be, and that is like opening a book to your inner self for anyone to read, so in doing that, you get to know the person you are "reading" so well. Since I started blogging in 2006, I have met and made plenty of friendships, and a good many of them are still friends today, lots of them have transferred out of blogging and have become friends in Facebook, where we keep in touch. But there's only one Thor.. one perfect match for me, and I was lucky enough that he stumbled upon my blog and found me when he did.  Some things are just meant to be. 

Happy Valentine's Day, Thor. I'm so thankful you found me. 

Jules :O* 

2 comments:

SIMON said...

That's fantastic, good luck with the programme..... oh and Happy St. Val's day!!

Jules said...

Thanks Simon :)