Saturday, September 24, 2016

Being 40 is something... that's for sure...

Ok, so I've been away from Blogger for a while. It's been hard to come here, for some reason. But here's something worth writing about. Turning 40 is something else, man. Things happen to you, as a woman turning 40, that just make you wonder if there's some sort of magic turning point. Wait.. is "magic" the right word? No, I doubt it. It's more like... what's the word for: when-everything-on-your-body-and-in-your-mind-begins-to-change-all-at-once-so-that-you-don't-even-recognize-your-own-composition-anymore?  That's what it's like for a woman to turn 40. And no.. don't go getting all concerned.. I don't have early onset Alzheimer's. It's not that kind of mental change. It's almost evolutionary, in a way. But the body stuff.. so far I haven't found any positive things there.

But parts of this year have been great so far too. For example, I've learned that I'm not too shabby of a graphic design illustrator. I've been doing artwork in my graphics illustration program and I'm sort of blowing myself away. I consistently thing i'm in over my head when I begin one, then I end up finishing with something that is really very close to the original. Here are some thumbnails of the work I've been doing. So, these are 100% my illustrations, 100% copyright to me because I have produced them. Nobody has permission to save or replicate them in any way, shape or form (sorry, I have to get that out of the way). I have drawn them painstakingly in my illustration program. It's ok if you want to tell me what you think.


These were all done from looking at photographs, but I'm attempting a composition that's just from my brain... not sure if it's going to work out of if I'll just chalk it up to practice. But if it works out and looks ok, I'll post it. It'll be a while. Takes a long time to illustrate like this. My portraits took approx 15 hours, the owl took the longest at approx 30 hours of work time. It's a great outlet, a way to focus your mind and give a sense of achievement. I encourage anyone out there to explore something new... especially if you've just turned 40, because somehow being 40 means you are now brave enough to try new things.

Jules :Oartsy)

No comments: